Friday, April 17, 2009

Hello Friend

This was a really a fun card to make. I just received a new set I ordered from GinaK today called "Whatever Floats Your Boat!" by Rupa Shevde. The background was made with a piece of designer paper from Me & My Big Ideas and a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock run through the Cuttlebug Distressed Strips embossing folder. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the border band. The two frames were cut using Nestabilities long rectangles. The cardstock is River Rock sponged with same ink before taking out of die. I used Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS to color the giraffe. To make the window look like glass, I lightly colored it with gray chalk then added VersaMark and clear embossed. I scored down the window using my Scor Pal and lifted it slightly. I have had the leaves in my "stash" for many years and decided they would look good on this card. I added some rust colored gems under the gariffe and on ends of band.

2 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Another lovely card Selma.

Dianna said...

Selma,

Got into your stash for this one Huh? Can't save those goodies forever, we need to use them. You did a great job on this card, the giraffe is so darn cute.

Dianna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails