Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pink Daisies

Gina has two great tutorials over on StampTV about using baby wipes for backgrounds and stamped images. She made two beautiful cards and gives great step by step directions on how to do these techniques. Wednesdays are technique challenges so I made this card to participate. I used Sage Shadow, Creamy Carmel, and Pretty in Pink for my baby wipe background. I used Asela's , Flowers for Daisy and the Cuttlebug Leafy Branch embossing folder to create my design. I have never seen this embossing folder used as stems for flowers so thought I would try it. I like the way it turned out. I used Nestabilities for the frames. To make the leaves stand out, I used sponge daubers and Sage Shadow ink. I stamped the verse then cut it out with Nestabilities Petite Ovals. Before removing it, I sponged over the verse with Sage Shadow ink. The ribbon is from Michael's. I used dimensionals under the frame, flowers, and verse. I used a piercing tool around the scalloped frames.

2 comments:

Carolyn King said...

beautiful....LOVE your created background and LOVE what you did with the flowers/embossing! Awesome card!

Dianna said...

Selma,

I love the way you used Gina's baby wipe technique. The choice of your background colors is so pretty. Great Job.

Dianna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails