Saturday, May 9, 2009

Lighthouse

It is beautiful outside today so I am going to do my post this morning so I can go out and enjoy some sun. This card was made with a new set released by GinaK. It is Rupa's "Guiding Light" set. The image is black embossed then colored with Peerless Watercolors I purchased from GinaK. So fun to work with these watercolors! On StampTV, Jessica showed us how to punch small squares of each color and tape them to a cardboard. I purchased both the starter set and the larger set so I have lots of colors to choose from. The colors are vibrant and blend so beautifully. I used a cloud stencil and a large sponge dauber to create the clouds. The image was cut out with Oval Nestabilities. The cardstock colors are Bravo Burgundy, Basic Black and Always Artichoke. The base of the card is Very Vanilla. I used the SU scallop punch to make the border then attached the sailor's knot on top. Thanks to Brenda from StampTV for the instructions on how to do this. The top portion of the background was embossed with the Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder. The image is raised on dimensionals.

Well I'm off to go out and enjoy the beautiful weather! Have a great day.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Awesome card Selma!!! Love the knot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails