Sunday, May 10, 2009

On The Beach

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

I would love to be spending time on the beach. My friend, Dianna, just returned and had a fabulous time. I'm looking forward to today. My sweet granddaughter, Alison, is making a special dinner for her mom and me -- it is one of our favorite meals. She is 15. Hard to believe my grandkids are getting so "grown up". Maybe Shannon will be giving us each a beautiful card she made. She is 11 and has been my stamping buddy since she was very small.

This is another card made with Rupa Shevde's "Guiding Light" set from GinaK Designs. The images were black embossed and colored with Peerless Watercolors. The seagull, on the pilings, was cut out and attached just on the bottom half to give it a 3-D effect. The sand was watercolored then I used a little "sand" stamp from Kitty Caracciolo's Cause a Scene beach set. I thought it gave the large sand area some texture. The Lighthouse was masked then I used Not Quite Navy ink and a large sponge dauber to create the sea. The sky was sponged with Bashful Blue using a cloud template and a large sponge dauber. The birds in the sky are on dimensionals. I had a few little sea shell embellishments that I thought looked great in the on the bottom of the card.

2 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Love the 3D effect you created on this card Selma.
The little sea shells really finish off the card too.
Hope you enjoyed your special Dinner!
Sue

ps love the little mouse at the bottom right hand side of your blog!!

Jamie Martin said...

Great card, I love all of the dimension!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails