Saturday, August 1, 2009

Owl Be Yours Forever



I'm back with a second post today. I have this beautiful designer paper from "The Paper Loft" and thought it would be perfect to go with this owl from Asela Hopkins set called "Framed Friends". This set is available from Gina K Designs.

This designer paper is two sided. I cut a piece to fit the front of the card then cut it off at about 2/3 of the way down. That way I had a perfect fit when I flipped the bottom piece over to get the two designs.

The owl was stamped with VersaFine Black ink then colored with Copic markers. I tried to go back with a little darker brown marker to "streak" it so it looks like feathers. I then taped the design on Night of Navy and cut around the frame and did the same with Always Artichoke card stock to layer it. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the border and stamped the verse in the middle. A narrow strip of Always Artichoke card stock was attached above the border. Two Always Artichoke brads from SU were added.

Isn't this perfect paper for this cute owl!


5 comments:

craftieodmae said...

It is very gorgeous paper, I thought at first you had stamped the trees, then I read the way you done it, gorgeous!

Dianna said...

Selma,

That little owl is so cute, and I love the designer paper you used. Very good choice and they look so good together.

Dianna

Betty Benton said...

Olga and I think alike! I thought you stamped the trees too! That is really some beautiful paper!

Mary Director said...

I love the paper ... it is really great. Cute card.

Velta said...

Selma ~ You are right...this is the perfect paper for this image...your work is beautiful !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails