Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Fall Thank You

We are having a very cloudy day and I can not get a good picture of this card. It feels like Fall is in the air! The colors are actually much brighter. It is made with stamps from Gina's new Showtime Stamp Kit "Signs of Autumn". All card stock and the designer paper are from Gina K Designs.

I started out with a piece of card stock from the kit and cut out the center with Nestabilities Labels Four. I embossed it while still in the die. I attached a piece of the designer paper, from the kit, to the back then mounted it to a piece of Gina's Chocolate Kiss luxury weight card stock.

I did something different to color the leaves. I used four colors of the Memento Dew Drop ink pads to color. These are new ink pads I just ordered from Gina K Designs, and I love using them. The pads used are: Cantaloupe, Bamboo Leaves, Potter's Clay, and Rhubarb Stalk. I gently tapped each pad directly to the rubber in the order listed. I then gave it a couple of spritz of water to blend then stamped and cut them out. I love the colors on the leaves. I then stamped the pumpkins twice and rubbed the Cantaloupe Dew Drop pad all over using mostly the tip of the pad. Using these small pads made it easy to color with them. I cut the smaller pumpkin out of the second stamped image and layered it with dimensional tape. I then stamped the flowers and colored them with Copic Markers and also cut them out. I then layered everything adding a few "fern" type leaves punched with a Martha Stewart punch. A Prima Flower was added at the top with a large gold brad and a gold sticker added inside the frame.

My husband asked me for some Thank You cards and this will be one of them.


5 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card Selma!!!! Fall is in the air...

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Selma! If the colors are brighter it must really be awesome!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, another beautiful card. You are the master at cutting your images out and make them come to life. Great job!!!!

AKiteFlier said...

short but sweet comment - FANTABULOUS!!!

DebH said...

Simply gorgeous Selma! You always come up with something that surprises me and just makes me smile. I think this card is my new favorite from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails