Sunday, August 22, 2010

Give Thanks for Simple Blessings





I think Fall is just around the corner.  This week the JustRite Friday Challenge #032  is to work with the above color combination. 

Edit:  I started working on this challenge on Saturday and created two cards.  I decided to post the pumpkin card on Saturday and this one on Sunday deciding this one should be used for the challenge.  When I went to the JustRite Challenge to post my card, I was wowed that Regina Mangum had already posted a scrapbook page using the same flowers in a similar grouping.  I did not see her page before I created my card. 

 I used two JustRite stamp sets to complete my card:  "Plant A Little Love" and "Autumn Blessings".  I stamped the flower image five times with brown ink then colored with Copic markers.  Sharon has some suggested Copic colors to use listed on the JustRite Blog.  I had the exact Olive Green but my pumpkin was slightly different.  I cut all the images out then sponged the edges with chocolate chip ink.  I really like the shading this gave to the edge of the flowers.  The center of the flowers were colored with a rust color then bronze Stickles applied to the center of the flowers.   

The embossed frame is one of the new Cuttlebug cut and emboss folders called "Brocade Window".  A piece of ivory card stock was embossed using this folder.  The greeting is from the Autumn Blessings stamp set and was embossed using vanilla embossing powder.  It was  attached behind the embossed ivory frame.  The flowers were arranged along the bottom of the frame using dimensionals.  I cut between the flower petals and some of the leaves so I could intertwine them all together.  Three BossKut Corner Scrolls were cut out of chocolate chip card stock. Two were placed on the upper corners.  The third scroll was cut apart and arranged below the flowers.  Ivory colored pearls were added to the center of the scrolls.  

Supplies:  The JustRite stamps, pearls and the Cuttlebug embossing folder can be purchased from  Joan's Gardens.

Today is Joan's birthday and I want to send her Happy Birthday Wishes. 


25 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so beautiful, love the corner scrolls, now I have to search for those! lol.

craftieodmae said...

Oh WOW, I love this. I love that die frame but run out of ideas at times on how to use it, this is a great one!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are such an enabler!Now I NEED to buy more stuff! Super gorgeous work of art!

Darlene said...

WOWSA! Just gorgeous! Love the color on those flowers! Absolutely beautiful!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

I'm with Patti - now I need to buy also (-:
your card is beautiful - love your details...thanks for heads up on Joan's B-day!

Colleen said...

Selma,
You knocked this one out of the park. Love the way you did your flowers. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CraftinGranny said...

Now this is what I call inspiration!!! What a beautiful and fabulous project Selma. Thanks on the tips for putting it together. Got to find those scrolls so I'm off shopping.
"Hugs" Carol

Kerrie said...

Beautiful Selma......

Donna said...

Wow! I love how this card turned out. It just pops off the page. I so want to make cards like you when I grow up. LOL!

Newbie said...

GEORGOUS as usual!!! I love watching your blogs to see what fantastic card designs you come up with! Love the colors and the design. As Darlene says, WOWSA!!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, I love the neutral colors and then the pop of gorgeous colors to set the entire card off!

Great job.

Ruthie said...

absolutely beautiful! love those corner scrolls!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is beautiful! Love the EF and all the details around the sentiment and the flowers, well breathless.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Selma, I don't know what to say other than this card is STUNNING!!!

debbie said...

Such a stunning card! After seeing this card and the one that Regina did, my card looks pretty pitiful :).

Anonymous said...

Love this card. I really like how
you intertwined the flowers and used the scroll at the bottom. You
do such beautiful work.
Gladys

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Another winner!

Jackie

Mary Jo said...

Selma both of your cards are beautiful. As I look at your pumpkin card I have to change my idea for the challenge. I was going to do something similar with the same paper. lol.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Selma. Love your blog and your talent!! TFS

Ruth Gray

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheri said...

Very elegant! I love that CB folder!

Marge said...

Absolutely gorgeous & I LOVE that new CB folder - hadn't see it before & now I'm in trouble - again!!!

ellepaulette said...

Such a lovely card!

Nina said...

Just love this it is GORGEOUS! You always have so much details Selma, I just love coming here! I went through and eyed all your lovely creations since my last visit, which of course had been too long. But know I love all youre creations and wish I had more time to comment on them all!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails