Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Stamps at Joan's Gardens



Today I am posting a card I created using some new stamps from Joan's Gardens.  This line is called "Studio 490".  This card measures 4 3/4 x 5 1/2 inches.  I believe this style of card is called a gate card.  I started with piece of card stock 12" x 5 1/2 inches.  Another piece of card stock 5" x 5 1/2 inch was cut, and I used the Martha Stewart " Monarch Butterfly" border punch on each side, then attached it to the back of the card.  Martha Stewart design paper was cut and backed with a piece of light green card stock and a panel placed on each of the front sections.  The flower is from the Studio 490 "Botanical Art" stamp set.  It is a solid stamp, so I colored the rubber with markers then lightly misted it with a fine spray of water to blend the colors.  I used two shades of pink and two shades of green.  This piece was mounted on a piece of green and also pink card stock.  It was attached to the front of the card only on the left side.  Two Martha Stewart "Butterfly 1" butterflies were layered and added to the corner of the flower.  A few pink Dew Drops were added on the front.

On the inside I cut a piece of white card stock 3 3/4 x 5 1/4 inches then used the Martha Stewart "Monarch Butterfly Trim" punch in the center of the top.  It is hard to see in the photo but I used another botanical stamp in this set to lightly stamp the image below the punched butterflies.  The greeting is from the JustRite "Baroque Nested Frames" stamp set.  It was stamped over the botanical image.  The final touch was to add one of the Tim Holtz Alterations  "Elegant Flourishes" to the right inside section. 

All the products used in this project can be purchased from Joan's Gardens

9 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Such a beautiful 'Spring' card Selma!
Love the design too.

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm with Sue... this card screams spring! It's just around the corner,it will be here before we know it! Beautiful work of art!

Glenda said...

Spring is just around the corner! Beautiful card and quite a lot of attention to detail! Love the pink and green!

Colleen said...

Selma,
love the colors and the chunky stamp.

velta said...

First of all, your card is inspiring and beautiful at the same time...I love the Tim Holtz addition to the right...Also I love your new banner...how did you do that? Do you have someone do it for you...I have had the same banner for years and I do need a change :)

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Joan. Love that flower image and the colors you used. Thanks for sharing!

Bonnie said...

Bautiful card Selma. Isn't Martha Stewart products wonderful. I love them too. Looks like I need a couple more of them now LOL.

April said...

I really love this card! All the details are wonderful.

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this card is gorgeous! I love how you used Wendy's stamps. It really shows ther versitility of them. Great colors...

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails