Friday, February 18, 2011

Have a Fabulous Birthday





Punches available from Joan's Gardens that were used on this card.

Today I was cleaning out drawers and found a few stamped pieces I thought would make a great background for punched flowers. All the pieces for this card had previously been stamped, and pieces cut and embossed.  Many times I will stamp more than one image, color and cut it out for future use.  These pieces have probably been in a drawer for a couple of years.  I had made a very similar card a long time ago but did not make it dimensional with punched flowers, so it was fun to use the greenery for the background for the punched flowers I love to create.    

This is a 5.5" square card.  To create the grid in the opening, I used my ScorPal and scored 1/2" lines going two directions to guide me in laying down ScorTape.  The tape was attached going all one direction then the top layer pulled off to expose the other sticky side.  Then tape was attached going the other direction and again the top layer pulled off so now I had a sticky grid.  I poured gold embossing power over the card and it stuck to the tape.  It was heat set with a heat gun.  What a perfect way to get very straight lines!  A large sponge dauber was used to sponge on yellow ink. Three different size Nestability Ovals were used to cut the opening so the grid would  show.  The top layer was embossed with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder.  Another piece of pink card stock was embossed using the Cuttlebug "Textile Texture" embossing folder.  A Martha Stewart "Doily Lace" border was attached between the two pink layers. 

The stamped greenery was layered around the oval opening.  Using the "Medium Blossom" flower punch I created the dimensional flowers.  The stamens were made with the small frilly snowflake punch.  The tool kit I purchased from Joan's Gardens was used to shape the flowers.  Black pearls were added to the centers.  Three butterflies were punched and added. 

The sentiment is from the JustRite "Kindness" stamp set.  I first stamped the frame, using VersaMark Ink, then stamped the beautiful sentiment inside.  It was black embossed then cut out with scissors.  A few pearls were added along the punched border to complete the card.

All products in bold can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

18 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gosh, Selma, this is just beautiful. You are so talented and its a delight to come to your blog and find something this beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

craftieodmae said...

Boo-tee-FUL!!!!!! Wow Selma, this one is fantastic!!!!! I so love those flowers!!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm with Olga... you are the flower queen! So very pretty!

Donna said...

Wow! Selma this is lovely! I love the colorful flowers. Thanks for the inspiration!

Debby said...

Lovely, lovely, Selma...your card is wonderful. the greenery is perfect.

Glenda said...

This may have been lying in a drawer for a couple of years but the look is fresh and fun! As always you have worked your magic with the flowers. Very beautiful!

Kerrie said...

wow wee... this is just beautiful!

Colleen said...

Selma,
Love the card. Thanks for the info on how you made the grid. I had no idea you could use those products together.

Winnie and Patty said...

Another beautiful creation Selma! You never cease to amaze me! TFS

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty! The first thing I said was WOW! Another winner Selma!

Jackie,
Oregon

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I sure hope the recipients of your cards appreciate your talent and keep the cards! This is beautiful! How creative to do the lattice work the way you did. I saw a die somewhere that cuts a grid like that but it was expensive!

Sharon said...

As always Selma, you have outdone yourself. This is beautiful!

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh Selma this is gorgeous!!!! I love your flowers....thank you for always visiting me and leaving the sweetest comments....

Anonymous said...

This lattice card is just breathtaking!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Such a pretty card, love the dimension you have created with your stamped foliage and flowers, lovely colours too, thanks for sharing xxx

Joan Fricker said...

Selma this is one of my very favorite cards. I so love it.

Jose said...

'WOW' that card it beautiful

Nancy Jensen said...

This card is beautiful! It belongs in a frame. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails