Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Give Thanks




 When I started this card, my goal was to use the new Sizzix, Mini Tattered Leaves which are repositionable Magnetic dies. Joan had sent me a few other Magnetic Dies and they are fun to work with.  I had no idea where this was going to take me.  I must admit though that I was having so much fun that I just kept die cutting different things and do have quiet a list of products used on this card. 

The design paper is from the BoBunny "Forever Fall Collection".  The die cut below the arrangement is the Cheery Lynn "Princess Garden Frame" (FRM126).  It was sponged using " Vintage Photo" Distress Ink.  The sentiment is from the JustRite "Autumn Blessings Set".  The pretty corner was die cut using one of the Marianne Design corner dies.  

This card started by die cutting the Sizzix Mini Tattered Leaves using different colors of card stock.  They were painted using different colors of Distress Stains.  Some of the leaves have 4 or 5 different colors on them.  Once I was happy with the colors, I used a "word" background stamp from Wendy Veccchi's "Botanical Art"  set and stamp over the leaves (just for "interest"). They were brushed lightly with the Adrinondak "Gold" Acrylic Paint Dabber then they were placed in (are you going to believe this?) the Sizzix Snow Flurries embossing folder to give them texture. Three or four leaves were each placed on a snowflake in the embossing folder,  then embossed.   Next they were rubbed on a VersaMark Ink pad and clear embossed and shaped while they were still warm.  Sounds like a lot of work, but it was really fun working with them and I do like the way they turned out.. 

The rest of the card went together very quickly because it was just die cutting and arranging everything.The flowers were created with a variety of dies.  The two flowers with the yellow stamen were created with the Cheery Lynn "Judy's Bloom" (C184) die. The flower in the corner was created using the Mariann Designs LR0 128, 168, and 169 dies.  Each of these flower petals were cut down toward the center for a fringe look.   I don't know if you can see that in the photo. They were all shaped using the Flower Tool Kit.  Stamens were punched using the Punch a Bunch medium  "Sky Flake"  punch.  

The three  pinecones were created by using YES glue and 25 punched small pears for each one.  I had these made prior to starting my card..  I do have a tutorial on my blog on how to create these pinecones.  A few more "pretties" were die cut to add to the arrangement -- Marianne Decorative Elegance (both dies) (LR0157; Forest Branch (LR0150) and Garden Branch (LR0151).  After the card was arranged, it was sprayed with "Cappucino"  Perfect Pearls Mist.

Well I did use a lot of different products, but do you like this card?   I love to read your comments.

As you know all the products I use can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.



l

12 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I LOVE this card.... so many pretty elements! We had 5 tick or treater's and they were gkids (0= Kids are only allowed an hour around here so they go to the school for the big Halloween celebration! I'm off to check out your pine cone tutorial!

craftieodmae said...

Oh My Stars!!!!!! Your card is eye popping, jaw dropping gorgeous!!!!! Love all the flowers and die cuts, each detail is fantastic!!!!

Glenda said...

Just gorgeous...so many elements and so much attention to detail! Love the colors!

Memaw said...

I absolutely love this card -I love detail and this card is full of detail. The colors are great together and much like yourself we had to turn off the light -so many treater-where do they all come from?

Unknown said...

like your card there alot of detailthat I like alot, like the color that you us very pretty card

we had only 1 little girl that came by last night there no more kids were we live, so all of that candy is still in the house
got to give this away I do not want to eat all of that chocolate I will get fat and do not want to go there
thank for showing your card

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gorgeous, Selma, just gorgeous! I agree with the others... this really is a treat for the eye!

CraftinGranny said...

Amazing and gorgeous creation Selma. The details are so beautiful and I love the colors you chose. "Hugs"

Sheila - Ginger said...

Just fabulous Selma and so much work too! All the elements are just so wonderful. you always tryly amaze me how you use the dies and colours on your cards. Such beautiful creations!

Love Sheila xx

Joan Fricker said...

Wow Selma! I totally agree with everyone else, this is stunning. I too love the details and you are so good at it!
Joan

Vail said...

Selma, you are so creative, I look forward to opening your e-mails to see what you have created. Your instructions, tutorials and ideas are always so inspiring. This card is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Being one of your biggest admires I must tell you this is a "work of art"
Renee

Anonymous said...

Your card today is fantastic. I love the colors.
Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails