Friday, June 15, 2012

Birdhouse


Do you love birdhouses?   I would have a yard full of them but they always become "bee" or "wasp" houses so we don't have any.  This is one of the new Heartfelt Creations stamps. Isn't it beautiful.  It is from the "Bird Haven" stamp set.  The little birds and butterflies are from another stamp set in this months "Garden Romance Collection".  You can see all the new Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies in this collection at Joan's Gardens.  

The images were stamped on watercolor paper with Ranger's black Archival Ink and colored with the new Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  I absolutely love watercoloring with these markers; all you have to do is outline areas and use the waterbrush to spread the color.  It is kind of like using colored pencils and OMS but so much easier.  I love the shading you get when you use these makers.  I used the matching Spellbinder dies to die cut the birds and butterfly.  There are also dies for birdhouses but I did not make this bird house dimensional.  

For the background I used a piece of design paper from the Kaiser Craft "Pink Gelato" paper pack.  The embossed panel is one of the Sizzix "Texture Fades"; there are two embossing folders in this package.  The outside edge of the embossed frame looks like a woodgrain and I think it is a great match for this birdhouse.  I had some flowers  I previously created with Spellbinders flower dies that matched really well, so I used them to complete my card.  



All these products can be purchased from Joan's Gardens:

Heartfelt Creations "Bird Haven PreCut Set" (HCPC 3477)
Heartfelt Creations "Brookside Manor PreCut Set" (HCPC 3480)
Sizzix "Texture Fades" Embossing Folder (657845)
Kaiser Craft "Pink Gelato" Paper Pad
Tim Holtz Distress Markers
Ranger's Water Brushes
Ranger's Archival Ink Pad

I'm looking forward to Monday because I will be meeting Patti Nelson who is a blogging friend.  She lives over in Idaho and we are going to meet halfway.  We plan on a little shopping and lunch.  This is something we have been wanting to do for at least three years.  I am so excited to finally get to meet her.

Have a great weekend.

625028

7 comments:

Mihaela said...

Great work, Selma! Love the flowers!!!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Wonderful card Selma, I love the cute bird box and the flowers as always are beautiful. Have a fabulous day with your friend Patti.

Love Sheila xx

Glenda said...

Beautiful card girl! Love the yellow roses! Have a wonderful time with Patti!

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful card...love the roses! Have a great weekend.

Elly said...

Wow, looks great Selma!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love birdhouse's! DH not so much! This is beautiful!

Scrapodelie said...

Цветы супер!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails