Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Birds in Winter


I have some new bird stamps that I wanted to put in a pretty winter scene window.  They are the Impression Obsession (C8589) birds and the pretty window is the Heartfelt Creations die cut (HCD710).  I used a new Spellbinders "M-Bossabilities"  embossing folder from Joan's Gardens.   It is hard to see in this picture but the embossed area is a snowy outdoors scene with a large bow on the lower right hand side.  The area that I colored yellow is not embossed so you can stamp or add die cuts as I did.  The pretty Heartfelt Creations Window fit perfectly over this area not embossed.  I used a few Martha Stewart "branches" along the window pane and attached the birds with dimensional dots over the greenery. 

Do you recognize that tree?  That is the beautiful new Marianne Design tree that I used last week.  I did not want it as large as it die cut, so I used deckle scissors and cut part of the bottom off to make it shorter. This tree is about 6" tall with beautiful embossed snowy branches, but what I love is that you can cut off any portion that is too large for your card/project.  Before taking the tree out of the die, I used the Ranger "Perfect Medium" brush down in all the open areas on the front of the die, took the tree out of the die, then sprinkled on white embossing powder to make the green tree become snowy.  I used some Flower Soft "Polar White" on the branches around the birds then added some over the white embossed areas on the tree.  I don't think this looks as pretty in the picture as it does in real life.  I used a  Diamond Stickles around the edges of the embossed bow below the window.  On the top,  I used the new Cheery Lynn "Holly Corners".  Some red beads were glued to the berries.  

 Joan's Gardens has lots of new products on her blog plus all the products I used on this card: 
Heartfelt Creations Window Die (HCD710)
Impression Obsession Birds (C8589)
Marianne Design Tree (CR1224)
Cheery Lynn Holly Corner (B184)  There is one die - I turned it over for the other side.
Spellbinders M-Bossabilities (EL-013)
Ranger Perfect Medium Brush
Ranger White Embossing Powder
Polar White Flower Soft

737940  

8 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Absolutely gorgeous Selma. I love how you added the birds on the branch. I love it
Joan

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Selma, I love the little birds and that beautiful tree with his snow trim, gorgeous background too..

luv CHRISSYxx

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful!

Four11Lady said...

I have but 1 word..........GORGEOUS!!

Sillyfilly said...

Selma, this is G O R G E O U S!!!! I love all of it. It feels so wintery. The tree and the birds are just beautiful.

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh Selma this is such a stunning Christmas card....thanks for the tip about the tree too.

Love Sheila xx

Sandy said...

Another beauty - thanks for telling us how you did this - really a gorgeous winter card. I love it!!
sandy

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful work!!! Thank you for sharing your talents. Laurie S

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails