Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dainty Butterfly


I was going through my butterfly dies and this one popped out at me.  I love how dainty it looks.  I thought it would look so pretty on some new Spellbinder dies and a new embossing folder from Joan's Gardens.  The butterfly is the Cheery Lynn Small Lace Faerie Queen butterfly.  It comes with an "angel" wing but I chose not to use it this time.  The Spellbinder dies are the "Marvelous Squares" Nestabilities.  Have you seen these new Spellbinder dies?  You can Mix-n-Match to Create 20+ Designs with this one set of dies.  


Spellbinders "Marvelous Squares"

The pretty embossed background is one of the new Sizzix embossing folders in the "Floral Vines Set".  Both the folders in this set are so pretty and will work really well for a background for all the flowers we love to create.  The flowers were created with the Cheery Lynn "Build A Flower #2" dies.  Behind the flower I cut apart one of the Cheery Lynn "Mini Fanciful Flourishes"; There are also some of the Martha Stewart "branch" punched pieces.  To complete the card I added pink Kaiser Craft pearls.

All the products used on this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.  If I use something she does not have on her blog yet, just give her the name and number of the product, which are listed below:

Cheery Lynn Mini Fanciful Flourish (B117S)
Cheery Lynn Small Lace Faerie Queen w/Angel Wing (DL161)
Cheery Lynn Build A Flower #2
Spellbinders Marvelous Squares (S4-383)
Sizzix FloralVines Set embossing folders (657783)
Kaiser Craft Pearls

9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

this is beyond gorgeous, gonna have to copy it for sure!!!!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty. I love the colors and your combination of spellbinders and flowers.

Kathy said...

So gorgeous! I just bought this Marvelous Squares Die too! Blessings! Kathy

debby4000 said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous and so pleased I ordered those square spellbinders now.
luv
Debby

Sheila - Ginger said...

Absolutely STUNNING Selma! Love the aqua and white and the way you've added a touch of pink on the flowers....so very pretty. I have had to stop buying dies for a whil as I have so many but seeing the squares on your card they are definitely a must have! lol!

Love Sheila xx

Lyse said...

I LOVE that butterfly and the way you've framed it is gorgiouss.

Sandy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and your flowers are out of this world. So very delicate.
Sandy

April said...

Gorgeous! Everything about your card is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Selma,
OMG! Your card is beautiful! WOW, you
are an amazing artist!
Gloria

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails