Tuesday, November 6, 2012

White Poinsettias


This card put me in a happy mood.  I love to design cards like this.  I used one of the Marianne Design embossing folders for my background.  A piece of light blue card stock was attached to the back of the card behind the die cut openings.    The flowers were created with the Poppy Stamps "Blooming Poinsettia" die.  I used Glue N Seal adhesive to brush a little glue on the petals of the flowers and sprinkled on Rangers Clear Rock Candy "Distress Stickles Dry Glitter.  In the center of the flowers I added a small piece of tulle and some pearl stamens from my stash.

Behind the flowers I added the die cut  Holly Branch from Marianne Design.  Clear Rock Candy glitter was also added to these leaves.  In the upper corners I added the Memory Box "Snowflake Corner".  A Kaiser Craft white pearl was added to each corner.  Some small white pearls were added in the die cut openings in the embossed background. 

I hope with all the Christmas cards I have been posting that I have given you some inspiration for your Christmas cards.  I love Christmas time and creating a variety of cards for my friends and family. 

I would love to have you leave a comment and let me know if you are more interested in very quick and easy cards, or do you plan to create Christmas cards with more detail such as this one.  I always look forward to your comments. 

All the products I used for this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens:
Marianne Design embossing folder (DS0914)
Marianne Design "Holly Twig" (LR0244)
Poppy Stamps "Blooming Poinsettia" (816)
Memory Box "Snowflake Corner" (98238)
Glue N Seal adhesive
Ranger Distress Stickles Dry Glitter (Clear Rock Candy)
Kaiser Craft Pearls  

789572

22 comments:

Patti J said...

Selma, you are always in a happy mood :) I've never seen you anything but cheerful! Love your card, my friend - so very beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

craftieodmae said...

absolutely breathtaking!!

Chrissy said...

You like doing this sort of card and I love to view your card, it is
just stunning Selma...gorgeous..now you have made me happy too...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kathy said...

My goodness, this is stunning! I love all the white with a touch of light blue! Your creations are always so beautiful! Blessings! Kathy

grace creations said...

I love the all white cards with so much detail but I also like a few quick ones. Sometimes you just don't have time to do as much work as the detail ones call for. Love you designs!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Stunning with the small pops of blue~

April said...

Gorgeous! I love all the detail and the little pop of blue!

CraftinGranny said...

Oh my, how gorgeous Selma, and how fun and exciting to be able to create such an elegant card. I like everything you share with all of us, so carry on with what makes you happy cause it makes us happy. "Hugs"

debby4000 said...

Oh this is atunning and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Anneke klerks said...

beautyful card!!!
liefs anneke

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh Selma your card is absolutely stunning. I always put lots of details on my cards especially at Christmas time. For some reason if I try to do 'simple and quick' I'm just never pleased with them, thankfully I only make cards for family and friends, never to sell as I take that long to make them!!
No matter which type of card you create they 're always beautiful and it's wonderful to be able to see them.

Love Sheila xx

Rita said...

What a fantastic card Selma, its just so beautiful. I really must try the poinsettias in white, the're adorable. I love those corners too. My favourite card to date. I love to decoarate my cards. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Plastic cards said...

Captivating..use of bean is perfect...white makes it more elegant....can your skills inspires me a lot..

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Selma. I love the touch of blue. Great job!

cathylynn said...

Totally gorgeous! Amazing job!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, your white poinsettia card looks fantastic!! Very inspiring!

Hugs,
Gaby

Colleen said...

Selma,
Love, love this one. Your work with flowers amazes me, the tulle you added gives such an extra special look. I do different cards, trying to match the personality of the receiver to the card.

Caroline D. said...

One of your prettiest ever!! The poinsettias are just amazing!

Sylvia said...

Another beautiful white card, Selma, the poinsettias are lovely! Have a fun Wednesday.

Olga Moore said...

Stunning card, Selma. May I ask what type of paper you used to create the poinsettias? Thanks.

Anne-Marie B. said...

This card is just so beautiful and I love to make cards that have lots of detail in them too, but I have to send a lot of Christmas cards to England from Oregon so detailed cards get spoiled in the mail and are expensive to send. Maybe you could do just one or two simpler cards each week? Thanks so much for asking what we like to see. Everything you create is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Selma I think this card is gorgeous. love what you have done here.
I will be making a lot of quick cards for family but for craft friends will
be making more this style.So more ideas would be lovely.
Hugs Trish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails