Monday, March 18, 2013

Floral Card


Today I wanted to show you a card that I used the Liquitex modeling  paste and one of "The Crafters Workshop" stencils to create the background.   I have been using this technique on frames but it is a wonderful look on cards too.  I used glossy card stock and shaded the background with Distress Ink before applying the modeling paste.  It is an easy technique.  Place, or tape the stencil, over the card stock and spread the modeling paste over the stencil, making sure all the design is covered.  On this card I scrapped the paste even with the top of the stencil, but you can leave it uneven, if you want.  I used the Blending Tool and sponged on more Distress Ink over the dried paste.

I have a very sweet blogging friend, Rita, who sent me a box of "goodies" I have been anxious to use.  I used the purple flowers which are placed above the large flower, from her, and also one of the gorgeous ribbons she sent.  She has a fabulous blog I'm sure you will want to visit.  Thank you Rita for the fun things you sent.

The pretty corner on this card was die cut using the Heartfelt Creations "Decorative Blossom Corner".   I pulled the large purple flower from a stash of flowers I previously made.  The little white roses were created with the MFT Royal Rolled Rose.  The pretty flourish is the Heartfelt Creations "Bella Rose" die.   There are some Cheery Lynn "Wreath Strip" pieces tucked in this arrangement.  Before I took the second, close up picture, I added a few of the small flowers from the Cheery Lynn BAF#3 Embellishments" die.

All the products I used can be purchased from Joan's Gardens:

Liquitex "Modeling Paste"
The Crafters Workshop 6x6 Template
Glossy Card Stock
Blending Tool
Distress Inks
Heartfelt Creations "Decorative Blossom Corner" HCD729
Heartfelt Creations "Bella Rose Die" HCD712
Cheery Lynn BAF#3 Embellishments (B265)
Cheery Lynn "Wreath Strip" (B216)
MFT "Royal Rolled Rose"

896032

5 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful card Selma. I'm so glad you could make use of the heather, thistles and tartan ribbon. I adore the flower you have made and the wonderful technique that I will have to try. Hugs Rita.
ps. See to-day's post for how I did my Lavender Rose card. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so beautiful. Live the flower arrangement.
{I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Leanne ... said...

This is breath taking Selma. I love everything about it. I enjoyed learning more of how you used the modeling paste on it. I love the flowers sticking out of the arrangement. The corner die is also very pretty on the corner.
TFS...
Leanne

Darlene said...

GORGEOUS Selma! Awww, how sweet of Rita and what beautiful goodies she has sent! Yes she too is an amazingly talented crafter! The two of you are always an inspiration to me!
LOVE the color (LOL purple - my favorite) and the design is amazing! You never cease to amaze me with your talent!
HUGS from OHIO!

Anonymous said...

Hello Selma,
Absolutely stunning creation! Diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails