Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Step Card with Susan's Garden Hibiscus

 I have some exciting news for those of you who like to make step cardsCheery Lynn came out with a "to die for" die that cuts the basic step card plus it die cuts all the pieces to decorate both the front and the inside of the card. No more measuring for anything to make this card!!!   You must continue reading because I have another "to die for" product shown below that is called the We R Memory Keepers "Envelope Punch Board".  Oh what fun I have had today!!!

I made two steps cards and the second one I made an envelope for.  The first card I die cut the basic card with a solid card stock and die cut a piece of design paper for the center and bottom of it.  On the sides, I used the side panel dies and die cut white card stock and embossed them with the MPress "Retro Swirls 1" embossing folder.  I did not use the die cut that can be used on the inside of this card.   

To decorate this card, I used the Marianne Design "LR0272" doily and used a sentiment from the JustRite "Vintage Oval Labels" stamp set.  It was stamped with VersaMark and clear embossed. On the top corners, I added the Marianne Design "Ivy Corners" (CR1253).

 The pretty flower was created with the Susan's Garden "Hibiscus" dies.  It was shaped with the Susan's Garden Flower tool Kit.  



I want to show you another card that was super quick and easy but yet so elegant.  A piece of design paper from my stash was used to decorate this lavender step card.  All the dies were used to decorate both the inside and outside.  A Cheery Lynn "Expandable Tiny Border" was added along the bottom panel to add to the lacy look, then a simple organdy bow added with a glue dot.  How fast was that.  You are going to love working with this die.  

 Now for more fun. This picture shows the Envelope Punch Board and the envelope made for the purple card above.  This envelope is 6" square to accommodate the bow on the card.   It literally took only a few minutes to create this envelope. It makes dozens of sizes of envelopes and the price is less than many dies.

Here is the completed card with matching envelope. 

Products Used:

Cheery Lynn "Step Card #1" (B348)
Marianne Design "Doily" (LR0272)
Marianne Design "Ivy Corners" (CR1253)
Susan's Garden "Hibiscus" (658415)
Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit
Susan's Garden PanPastels
Susan's Garden Yellow Pollen
MPress "Retro Swirls 1" embossing folder
Cheery Lynn "Expandable Tiny Borders" B215
We R Memory Keepers "Envelope Punch Board"

989353

6 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

This is so neat Selma. I love your beautiful design. These new tools are awesome. I'll check them out closer when I go to CKC in KC in October. The Enveloper is going to be a "must have"..... Thanks for sharing! "Hugs"

Glenda said...

Love your step card! Isn't it wonderful to be able to whip out an envelope whenever you need one!

Darlene said...

Both cards are fabulous Selma! I can't wait to receive my step card die! I just fell in love with it over at Joan's last week! And, I just LOVE my envelope punch board ... so easy (once we figure it out! LOL) Thanks for sharing and inspiring me with these beautiful creations!!
Hope you're enjoying your summer! HUGS from OHIO!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of a stepper card die. Will they go through big shot and cuttlebug and do I need extender plates please. Every time I see you name in my inbox I know I am in for a treat. Many thanks for all your hard work.
Irene

Selma said...

In answer to Irene's question.

Yes this die does work in any die cutting machine as it is made just like all other Cheery Lynn dies. The finished folded card is approx 5 1/2 square so you do need to start with a piece of 12x12 card stock so will need the extender plates.

isobel said...

Thank you form sharing Selma, only found your site a few days ago, but I am hooked. Many Blessings

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails