Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Red Poinsettia


I have been so busy getting ready for Christmas. The tree and all the decorations are up, but I still have lots of baking I want to get done.   My whole family will be coming for a family reunion this year and I am trying to get lots of things ready before they start arriving next week.  I have also been working on other projects that will be posted later.  I will have a special post next Sunday I don't think you will want to miss. 

This card was inspired by a "leftover" from another project I am working on.  The colored frame behind the poinsettia is the die cut left after die cutting the Susan's Garden 1 7/8" Grid Works squares that will be used on another project I think the frame left from around the squares makes a perfect window that I could not waste.  Behind the Grid Works Frame, I added the Poppy Stamps, "Diamond Background" die cut.

The beautiful poinsettia was die cut using the Susan's Garden Poinsettia dies.  The flower was die cut using red card stock.  The petals were shaped using the Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit.  On the tips of the stamens, I used both the green and yellow, Susan's Garden Viva Decor Paper Pens.    Behind the poinsettia I placed some Poppy Stamps Delicate Fern, Poppy Stamps Meadow Leaf, and Impression Obsession Pine Branches, for filler.  I love to add birds to my creations. Isn't that fat little bird, behind the poinsettia, cute!  It is an Impression Obsession Bird.  It was stamped on white card stock and colored with Distress Ink. It is an easy stamped image to cut out and mount with a Pop Up Glue Dot.  The poinsettia was also attached with a Pop Up Glue Dot.

You can purchase all the products I used from Ellen Hutson, LLC, by clicking on the links below:


16 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh my goodness....your poinsettia makes mine look a bit lame!!!! Really such a beautiful card Selma!
Hope all's well and you're getting ready to relax over the holiday ......'Merry Christmas'

Glenda said...

As always this is beautiful. You really have a way with flowers! Sounds like you have a handle on your holiday plans. I'm starting my wrapping today!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Another stunner Selma ... I especially like the bird that you created. As far as Sunday, I don't like to miss any of your posts so I will definitely be back on Sunday.

craftieodmae said...

and the bird is fantastic!!!!!Breathtaking, I just put my tree up last night, I am so far behind............

Anonymous said...

Dear Selma please tell me if I want to purchase some of these dyes can we order it from you. Warm regards from Cape Town -Pat

Selma said...

Pat you can order products I use from Ellen Hutson, LLC. Link is on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Selma you must have a whole garden of these beautiful poinsettias. This card is another gorgeous creation. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us.

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Dear Selma thank for answering my question. I will contact her for some dies (lot). I wish you and your family a blessful Christmas with lots of love and joy. My children will also be here for a holiday so I am also running aroud for goodies. Best wishes Pat

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I always love your flowers.

Lee

Anonymous said...

Selma-
I love all your work!

Brenda C

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is the most beautiful Christmas card I have ever seen. Your poinsettias and other flowers are always so realistic and perfect. Merry Christmas. Sharon

Marian said...

wow, those are amazing.

Beth said...

Selma,

Your flowers are beautiful and look so real! Can't wait to give them a try!

TFS!
Beth

Beth said...

Selma,

Your flowers are beautiful and look so real! Can't wait to give them a try!

TFS!
Beth

Handcraftedbyhelen said...

Your poinsettias are wonderful, and your blog is inspirational.
I love popping over to it and seeing what wonderful things you have created.
Hugs Helen Holmes
handcraftedbyhelen63@gmail.com
Handcraftedbyhelen.blogspot.com

Mr. Mark Thomas said...

My name is Mrs Aisha Usman, am a Citizen Of Singapore. Have you been looking for a loan? Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr. Mark Thomas FOIRM Ronnie Finance Ltd he help me with a loan of $85,000 some days ago after been scammed of $8,000 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $85,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com

Whats-App no +919667837169
Dr. Mark Thomas

LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS
Name:…………
Address…………
Loan Amount:……
Loan duration…
Monthly income…………
Nationality……
Country………
Occupation......
State…………
Zip/Code………
Gender…………
Age…………
Marital Status……………
Telephone………………

FORM Ronnie Finance Ltd
Dr. Mark Thomas

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails