Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Susan's Garden Cattleya

 Did you ever think you could easily create an orchid out of card stock?  Susan's Garden Cattleya (orchid) dies make this very easy and they are so beautiful.  To learn how to create this flower, you can watch Susan Tierney-Cockburn's Cattleya Video at this link.  I love that Susan has taken the time to create videos for us so we can understand all the steps for creating each of her flowers. 

For the background on this 6x6" card, I used The Crafter's Workshop Mini Leaf Frame Template.  The Savvy "Valentine Heart" was die cut and glued to the center.  The Savvy die cut Cupid was added above the flowers.


 To get started, I die cut all the pieces to create six Cattleya.  Susan explains, in detail,  how to color and shape all the pieces on her video.  I like to have all my flower pieces completed before I start assembly. 

Here is a closeup picture of my Cattleya.

You can purchase your Susan's Garden dies and products from Ellen Hutson, LLC.

Here are links to the products I used:

 
1098683

9 comments:

Glenda said...

Well you have done it again! These are amazing and the card is just beautiful! Again you have outdone yourself!

Leanne ... said...

You amaze me Selma. Just gorgeous.
Leanne

Shirley said...

Selma, this is lovely. I started following you for this very reason. I really like your embossed BG and the die cuts are just perfect with those beautiful blossoms!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Seriously Selma, you have to stop posting these gorgeous flower creations ... my shopping list has far surpassed my budget and at this rate I will have to start dipping into my grocery budget to keep up!

craftieodmae said...

Oh My Word!!!! Another absolutley gorgeous flower! All of your flowers look so real!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Debi

Eva van Buuren said...

Oh Selma, such always.....you have made a gorgeous flowers!!
And everythings looks so realistic!
The embossing match so well with the flowers, it is a wonderful card.
I look forward self to make one of Susan's Flowers.
Thanks for sharing!
Greetings from the Netherlands.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flower. can you make master class for Susan tulips, please

Payne Holler Cards said...

Flower Queen! hands down!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails