Friday, August 14, 2015

Purple Poinsettias


We all know that poinsettias do not come in purple, but I have several friends who love purple so have created this Christmas card in their favorite color.  Soon, I  will be posting many more projects with poinsettias that are real colors to give you many more ideas for your cards/projects. 

I always look forward to creating my Christmas cards because I love to create beautiful poinsettias for them.  These poinsettias were made with Susan's Garden Notes Poinsettia dies. Susan's Whitepine Bough & Pine Cone dies create a gorgeous embellishment to go with the poinsettias.  I used the new Quietfire Merry Christmas die for the Sentiment.  There are 12 beautiful Quietfire sentiments available right now from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  


Here is a closeup to show you how realistic Susan's Pine cones look. 

Susan Tierney-Cockburn has a lot of new Christmas dies that will be released very soon from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I will let you know when they are available for purchase.

 

8 comments:

ileana-carmen said...

So beautiful project!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I think they should create purple ones too!

Anonymous said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Selma. I love it ALL but my absolute favorite in this card are the pine branches……I DO believe I MUST have this die. I just bought the dogwood and the pop-up Merry Christmas from ECD. Haven’t had a chance yet to try them but I probably will do so this weekend.

Happy Crafting,
Debi

Janie Printz said...

Selma I absolutely LOVE your purple poinsettias !!! And the leaves are peautiful the way you've put a little tint on them as well. And oh my goodness those pine cones look so realistic I can't believe they are made from paper. You have such a wonderful talent for creating these gorgeous flowers & I so appreciate you showing us how to make them ... Another WOW piece of art.

Eva van Buuren said...

Selma, you are a Master by making flowers!!
The Poinsettia's are GORGEOUS and the color purple is lovely.
But, I really love the Pine Cones.....they are incredible!!
Sooooo real, they like just fell out of the tree...
Hugs, Eva.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love purple and these poinsettias and pine with pine cones are gorgeous. I am going to order all these dies and try to duplicate this gorgeous card. You are so talented Selma and I always look forward to receiving your emails. Thx

Hugs,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hi ! You're cards are beautiful.

Vickie

Robyn said...

Lovely! thanks for using Quietfire Design Dies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails