Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Season's Greetings


I saw on the news that snow has already fallen, but thankfully not where I live.  We are having beautiful Autumn weather.  

The holidays will be here soon and it will be time to send greetings to our friends and family.  Today I have a card I designed using Susan's Garden Notes Poinsettias.  I used Goosebumps Clear Texture Spray to achieve the speckle on these red poinsettias.  Behind the poinsettias are sprigs of Susan's Garden  Notes Whitepine Boughs.

The sentiment is one of the Way With Words die cuts by Quietfire.  It was die cut using shiny gold card stock.  The background is a piece of design paper I had in my stash.  To border the design, I used Elizabeth Craft Border Peel Off Stickers.

Have you started creating your Christmas cards yet?

You can use the links below to find the products used from Elizabeth Craft Designs:

 
 

8 comments:

Janett said...

Your card is just lovely.

Glenda said...

There are no words to tell you how pretty I think this is! Enough said!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Stunning reminder that snow will be here before we know it. The Cubs lost the series, but Fall here is still beautiful too!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the poinsettias and the pretty sentiment in shinny gold.

Anonymous said...

Did the Goosebumps spray turn the red cs white or was the spray itself white ?? Thank you.

Selma said...

Answer . . . .

I die cut the poinsettia petals using white card stock. The petals were lightly sprayed with the GooseBumps to leave speckles in the card stock. The GooseBumps, when dry, acts as a resist. Once Goosebumps is dry, sponge on red ink. Buff lightly to remove any ink that may be on the gooseBumps. Where the Goosebumps is, the card stock will remain white, giving you the white speckles on red petals.

Selma

Anonymous said...

Selma, Thank you so much for letting me know how you did this... I LOVE them... and I will be looking to find some of the Goosebumps spray. Thanks again.
Linda

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful. thank you for sharing with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails